Book Title: Essential Study Skills: The Complete Guide to Success at University (SAGE Study Skills Series)
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Author: Tom Burns
Lecturers, request your electronic inspection copy here
Do you want to do better at university?
Packed with study tips and handy activities, Essential Study Skills is a proven guide that shows you step-by-step how to study effectively and make the best of your time at university - whatever level you′re at. Whether you are going to university straight from school, a mature student, or an overseas student studying in the UK for the first time, you′ll find out how to:
- Sail through those tricky first weeks
- Get the most out of lectures by understanding how you learn
- Learn techniques for academic writing and research
- Stay cool and cope with stress
- Pass exams with flying colours
- Plan your career after graduation.
Don′t miss in this edition...
- Even more tips and advice on learning methods, online learning and developing job skills - ensuring success throughout your course
- Additional case studies and student tips to help you apply the skills you need
- A companion website packed with toolkits and resources, to help you study smarter.
‘An outstanding book which enables learners to actively identify, reflect and develop their ‘skills’ to enable them to succeed as life-long learners. The authors present the ‘how to’ alongside the ‘what’ of study skills to enable continuous personal development, in an accessible style.’ - Di Turgoose, Senior Lecturer, Member of the Association for Learning and Development in Higher Education
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, quizzes and videos on study success!