Beyond Foundations: Developing as a Master Academic Advisor
Primary: Beyond Foundations: Developing as a Master Academic Advisor.pdf - 27,942 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Beyond Foundations: Developing as a Master Academic Advisor.pdf - 38,488 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Beyond Foundations: Developing as a Master Academic Advisor.pdf - 34,130 KB/Sec
- The New Advisor Guidebook: Mastering the Art of Academic Advising
- Academic Advising Approaches: Strategies That Teach Students to Make the Most of College
- Academic Advising: A Comprehensive Handbook
- The Undecided College Student: An Academic And Career Advising Challenge
- Student Engagement in Higher Education: Theoretical Perspectives and Practical Approaches for Diverse Populations
- The Appreciative Advising Revolution
- Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning
- College Students in the United States: Characteristics, Experiences, and Outcomes
- The Handbook of Career Advising
- Generation Z Goes to College
Beyond Foundations, a core resource for experienced academic advisors, gives practitioners insight into important issues affecting academic advising. In addition to gaining understanding of foundational concepts and pressing concerns, master advisors engage with case studies to clarify their roles as educators of students, as thought leaders in institutions, and as advocates for the profession. Pillar documents—the NACADA Core Values, NACADA Concept of Academic Advising, and CAS Standards—serve as sources of both information and inspiration for those seeking to improve advising. New strategies inform advisors helping a diverse student population delineate meaningful educational goals. Each chapter prompts productive discussions with fellow advisors interested in cultivating advising excellence.
To promote advisor influence in higher education, experienced contributors explain new trends—including the impact of external forces and legal issues on postsecondary institutions—and the evolution of advising as a profession and a field of inquiry. Expert insight and practical focus contribute to the development of experienced advisors.
- Use existing resources in new ways to master advising roles and encourage student success
- Apply theory to advance advising practice
- Create and optimize professional development opportunities
- Establish recognition for the contributions of academic advisors to the institution and higher education
- Face challenges created by the changing higher education landscape
Advisors must meet the expectations of students, parents, faculty members, administrators, and outside agencies, all while navigating an increasingly complex range of issues presented by a student population unlike any that has come before. Beyond Foundations provides the insight and clarity advisors need to help students achieve their educational goals and to advance the field.